Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Photobomb

Definition of photobomb

k.jpg

So, after trolling through all the usual weather prediction sites I found one that said the weather may be bareable up this way so I gave Shagga a shout and we agreed to meet at the Bells Creek boat ramp at 5am. Shagga was there on time and away we went! Bottom of the tide was planned for 5:30am ish and top around 11am. Weather was perfect!! Wilyweather had it right!!
    j.jpg

Decision was made to fish the beacons until the sun came up.... no good. Moved over to another spot. After a while score!! Mid fifties flatty. Dinner!!
    i.jpg

After a short time another fish hits the deck mid twenties bream
    l.jpg

Decided to start working over the weed beds in front of the mangroves where "some" anglers have had some success in recent times.

After a number of throwing SP's around I was onto another flat one around the same size!! Into the keeper net with the other for dinner (We ate last weeks on Tuesday)
    h.jpgg.jpg

Anyway, after a time of peppering the weed beds we headed in.

Thanks Gazza for a top day!!!

f.jpg

I'll let Shagga tell you how he went ;p

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Luke for a great day. Put me down for another donut.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like the flavour of the top flat one there Luke......looks like it will taste artificial. Give that one to Gazza.

Onya boys for getting a good result.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Those flathead are huge, almost as big as Shagga. Speaking of Shagga, didn't he fish?

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

nice work boys we nearly joined you there chasing lizards preped the rods at Tims place last night in his garage left them up against the back of the boat in the garage near the door entrance into the house got up this moring 4plastics rods are gone nothng touched in the boat and ting rods left at the side , glad you got some fish

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    nice work boys we nearly joined you there chasing lizards preped the rods at Tims place last night in his garage left them up against the back of the boat in the garage near the door entrance into the house got up this moring 4plastics rods are gone nothng touched in the boat and ting rods left at the side , glad you got some fish
    Sorry to hear about the rods boys.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice pics Funch,that first one deserves a frame around it.Good report too mate,well done again.
    Next time eh Shagga?Luke and those bloody flatties lol.
    Last edited by Micko; 14-04-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    Sorry to hear that fellas that sux and so does the scum that took it all!!!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks funchy at least you guys got some fish ,partly our fault for leaving the door open and inviting them in

we ended up have a fish in the maroochy with yabbies instead for a few small grunter and a flattie so the daywas not a total loss

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

That one in the 'gob-shot' just inhaled it!

Great conditions and a fine feed- Funch you make this Flatty game just look too, too easy.
    Well done lads.
    Alex.
    * Unless specified, all fish pictured were released unharmed.