Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pummy passage 26th April

Hit the passage on the yak at 5am and was off at 5:15am..... Had left the anchor at home so I hid the yak in the bushes and flew home to get it. Was back paddling by 5:30am Tide was running in and it was a full moon.

Headed to the beacons at the mouth of Bells and threw a placcy around for a while but no joy. Headed across the passage to the Bribie side and conected to a 44cm flat one.

fh1.jpg

Decided to throw a popper around for a while but only scored a small gar fish then as I was drifting around in 50cm of water the ocean seemed to start boiling about 20 metres from me, they seemed to be small striped looking fish about 10cms long. There were hundreds of them. They came right up to the yak .

heapsofem.jpg

Moved over in behind the islands and scored a good sized grunter who smiled for the camera the went back

Grunter.jpg

Then a nice 54cm flatty decided to join the party, well tomorrow nights party

54cm.jpg

Then a little bream came, smiled and left
    bream.jpg

I fished all along the mangrove line on the mainland side of the passage for about 2klms for not a touch

Went back over to the mouth of Bells and hooked up to something pretty big (calling it for a good sized trev). Peeled a heap of line off and I was concerned about being spooled so tweeked up the drag as I madly tried to get the anchor in 1 handed (FAIL!!!) Ended up slowing it then getting some line back, then another run and slowed it again. Just as I started to get some more line back my leader knot failed

Drifted around and got onto anther good fish but got busted off at the jighead. Then hooked up to another fish, had it almost to the yak and it let go?????????

After 3 lost fish I said bugger it and headed in and took the missus out to lunch. Need browny points if a bloke is gonna fish 4 days in a row

Top day on the water again

keeper2.jpg
    ndotw.jpg

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

After the feed of fish you been bringing home lately reckon your brownie points would be pretty good atm Luke lol.Those little buggers that were boiling the surface are little striped eel tail catties.Nice grunter too mate,youve been mixin it up a bit lately and being well rewarded.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't think those Flatone's would be safe from you for long mate, good report..

Baz

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon they were piranha. Only show up for yak people !!!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Micko View Post
    After the feed of fish you been bringing home lately reckon your brownie points would be pretty good atm Luke lol.Those little buggers that were boiling the surface are little striped eel tail catties.Nice grunter too mate,youve been mixin it up a bit lately and being well rewarded.
    Cheers Micko,

I knew someone would know what they were. Was weird watching them slowly boild towards the yak.

As for the mixed bag, yeah it is good to get some variety. Would have loved to have landed what ever that solid fish I hooked up on today.