Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Nursery Patch

10 – 15 knots all weekend meant only one thing and obviously it revolved around throwing a line in somewhere. Clearly the mowing can wait until next weekend right? Working at Nashy’s Compleat Angler on Saturday, I continually found myself peering out the glass door and watching the movement of wind through the neighbouring tree tops – or LACK of wind for that matter. Yep it was definitely glorious weather outside which meant I had to grovel to the wife to allow me a leave pass for Sunday to relieve my itchy trigger finger.

I rang up my mate Dan who was keen as always, so we packed the light spin tackle and made tracks for one of our local spots.

There is a saying that goes a little something like this: Some days are rocks and some days are diamonds. There are various versions of this but at the end of the day, the message is still the same. Some days everything goes right and it is like the sun, moon and earth align and formulate a piscatorial frenzy and fish are so thick that they would even smash a well presented stick! These days are diamonds my friends and the opposite is clearly – rocks.

Unfortunately this trip was a rock hard day. This spot has produced great fishing on many occasions but today just wasn’t one of those memorable days and sometimes that just fishing hey. You can clean up one day and the next day you go there with the same lure, same time of day, same tide etc and it just doesn’t happen. But I guess that the reason why we keep going back – it’s the thrill of the unknown and what you many encounter on that “one more cast” or the next visit.

Ended up with a couple of little cod, a grunter and baby GT. At the end of the day it was just awesome being out amongst this awesome weather we have experienced over the last few days.

For the full report and more pics, visit www.lukesfishinmission.com

Cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visit my blog - www.lukesfishinmission.com

Subscribe for FREE to receive updates

Like my page on Facebook www.Facebook.com/LukesFishinMission

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Still a few is better than 0 mate. Is that the carolina pumpkin Lukey?
    Finally got one

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeh I guess so mate. Carolina Pumpkin is the one in the grunters mouth but the other 3 are "red pumpkin"

Cheers mate

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

cant find any places that stock all the colours hey
    Finally got one

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

That would still be a good days fishin in my books.. :P
    Ben..

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snodger View Post
    cant find any places that stock all the colours hey
    PM replied Snodge. Let me know if you want me to drop into my local and check what colours they have, alternatively, let me know the colours your are keen on

Quote Originally Posted by UndersizeBreamKing View Post
    That would still be a good days fishin in my books.. :P
    Cheers UBK it wasnt real flash yesterday mate. Weather was awesome but the fish were on vacation