Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Blown away part 2!!!

Blown away by how calm the conditions were!!

Got up at 4am and was on the water with my mate half an hour later. Five throws of the cast net and we had livies and off we went. Plan was to hang some livies over the side while throwing jackals and thready busters.

Got to our spot and started on our plan. Things were quiet but the conditions were suprisingly calm with a gentle westerly blowing. As the sun came p on the horizon the action started up. The livies started getting real nervous. Couple of them got smashed and line was peeled off at a rate of knots but no hooks up until a solid 62cm flatty hit a herring in about 4 metres of water. She went back as I have some fillets in the freezer. Then my mate scored a 58cm jewwy on a SP. Pulled in a couple bream and missed a few more runs on livies. I had quite light weight on my livies and reckon they were only a few feet below the surface where as my mate was fishing his livies with a bit more weight and barely got touched. Into the memory bank that goes.

After a while we decided to hit up a fav flatty spot and we put a few flattys in the boat along with a few more bream.

Wind got up around 9am and we cruised in at 10am. Sent my mate home with the spoils so they will be feasting tonight!!

Missus says I have to be home at 8am tomorrow so am heading out at 2am to try for a decent jewwy again!!

Cheers

2sr.jpg
    2fh1.jpg
    2fh.jpg
    2fhs.jpg
    2j.jpg

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Some good sized flat ones there Funch,lovely little jewie from your mate too.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

well done on the fish dont start me on the weather forcasters i am miffed I am ting fishing tomorrow and prob blow a gale

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

great report as usual Funchy.
    Shane where u tinging mate
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    well done on the fish dont start me on the weather forcasters i am miffed I am ting fishing tomorrow and prob blow a gale
    Yeah Shane, I am to the point now that I get everything ready the night before no matter what and get up, if it ain't blowin I'm goin!!! Hahahaaa

Good luck in the morning, I am heading out early (like stupid early) chasing a keeper jewwy for the table

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good on ya Funch, gotta give it to you for putting in the hours, 2am!? That is something stupid like I would do....
    Ben..

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a great day allround.Some sweet lookn fish there aswell them flatties would go down a treat.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Good day out Luke. Good luck tomoz.
    Finally got one

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice flathead. You have certainly got them sussed out. As for unweighted livies, I normally fish them unweighted and have do so successfully for flathead. Just have to watch the birds when they are near the surface.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3Macks View Post
    Nice flathead. You have certainly got them sussed out. As for unweighted livies, I normally fish them unweighted and have do so successfully for flathead. Just have to watch the birds when they are near the surface.
    Yeah I prefer less weight than more but tide was ripping through so need a bit so they didn't go skiing