Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Woody Pt squid

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Woody Pt squid

Went to Woody Pt jetty this morning an hour before first light and caught 11 or 12 pencil squid, kept the 7 largest for breakfast.
    Biggest was about 18cm hood length, shortest kept was about 15cm hood length.
    All action stopped when the sky brightened just before dawn.
    Standard #3 orange coloured squid jig was used.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Squid for breakfast mate, havn't heard of that one before but yea sound's good.
    Baz

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mangajack View Post
    Went to Woody Pt jetty this morning an hour before first light and caught 11 or 12 pencil squid, kept the 7 largest for breakfast.
    Biggest was about 18cm hood length, shortest kept was about 15cm hood length.
    All action stopped when the sky brightened just before dawn.
    Standard #3 orange coloured squid jig was used.
    Well Tony, Congrats mate. This is the first report I have seen you put up! Thanks mate, I know how much knowledge you have to share! Hope to see many more (I know you used to do it but stopped)

Cheers

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you for the report mangajack. You seem to be finding them pretty easily.
    Ive had a few cracks at the reddy jetty over last couple weeks with my son for 1 nice one so far, hoping they improve as it gets cooler
    Dean
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Luke a very long time since i whacked a report up......before i started going grey I reckon.

Dean, I find Redcliffe jetty a waste of time these days. Better off with a high tide and middle of the day to work the sand patches beside reef up towards the bathing lagoons. Or use a very small jig (1.5 or so) about a metre under a blackfish float and cast out over submerged reef and keep taking the slack up until it is back to shore. Surprising how many big squid fall to that method. Needs to be a blackfish float or similar, hard to see a tailor float bob with a subtle squid bite. Use a 10'-12' rod for this method - CR4126 are perfect for it.