Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Not silver, still happy...

Lads,

I managed to duck out last friday morning in the hope of scoring something silver.

My plan was to fish the top of the morning tide with the purpose of beating the king of the pin crowds, and the weather.... To be honest, more the crowds

Not a lot of action on the sounder until the tide started to run out, with 3 hits in 2 drifts. I finally hooked up and with a crowd of old school bream fisho's closely watching. I was sure it was a Jewie at the start, but after a minute or two, was suddenly bricked. The stress levels were through the roof. Luckily with the help of the GF, and some handy driving on the leccy, I managed to land this.

Although it wasn't silver, I was stoked to get him in the boat... he was a PB as well. Happy days.

cod - kalinga bank 24 May 2013.jpg
    Is a better golfer than fisherman... Apparently

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Andrew, been some good cod around lately...
    And in the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.

- Abraham Lincoln

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Stonker cod, nice one
    Ben..

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

yer nice. Some crackers getting caught at the moment.
    Finally got one

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Andy, Nice cod.
    I like your tag ........ "Is a better golfer than fisherman". Well I've seen you play golf, we will have to hook up for a fish so I can see which you are better at eh, (I'm sure you will smash me at fishing too, just as you did on the golf course!).
    Are you going to target the jew this winter?
    Cheers
    Trent

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trent77 View Post
    Hey Andy, Nice cod.
    I like your tag ........ "Is a better golfer than fisherman". Well I've seen you play golf, we will have to hook up for a fish so I can see which you are better at eh, (I'm sure you will smash me at fishing too, just as you did on the golf course!).
    Are you going to target the jew this winter?
    Cheers
    Trent

Yeah mate,

For sure on this jewies this winter. I have been doing some recon to try and get back in the groove. The seaway has been fishing good by all reports. We will hook up for sure. I think we should try and target the next building moon cycle

As for golf, it is on the back burner. Playing off low numbers is way too much hard work.

I will send you a PM with my idea.
    Is a better golfer than fisherman... Apparently