Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Brissy river 31/05

Hey guys. Squeezed a late notice trip to the river with a mate today. The fishing started of quickly with a nice fat flathead second cast that would have went 650mm I spose. After that things got tough with half dozen finicky snappery type bites which couldn't be converted.

We headed to my never fail bream hotspot to get a bit of form on our side and this paid dividends with a dozen or so bream with a few nice ones around 600/650 gram. This spot slowed up after half hourish so a move to Hit a goto rockwall for some bream, for only a few small ones and a nice little tailor. Fishing was quickly becoming boating so a bit of prospecting was in order.

Marked a few fish on a 4m deep flat. Fish were a bit scattered but we were desperate for a good fish. Grinded this area for an hour i guess before getting a bite and a hookup. A bream hit the net. Last cast was called and soon as my plaky hit the bottom 1 lift of the rod and weight. A much better fish than what we had hooked all day. A good little scrap and a nice snapper of 53 hits the net. Instantly forgetting about leaving more casts were on.

Ended up getting half dozen hookups for four pinkies over next half hour all about the same size. Two each for dinner and headed to the ramp before The traffic got to hectic on Ipswich motorway.
    As with real estate, Fishing is all about Location Location Location

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day out on the water mate,good one..

Baz