Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cheap Boat Anyone ?

I was down at the PIN this morning around 5.30am and I could see a bit of action in the distance. Not long after the big rescue cat slowly cruised passed me while I was flicking for flatties on the run out tide, and the rescue lads were towing an upside boat. It must have flipped on the bar in the dark, that would make you a little nervous eh!

Nothin but small flatties from around the bar and off Golden Banks this morn.

I don't think anyone was hurt, although when I left the boat ramp the boat was on the beach, still upside down tho.....I'm sure you could get it for a bargain now eh.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

thats a shame hey. I have seen a couple of damaged boats now and always wonder if anyone was hurt and if not what a disapointment it would be for the owner
    Finally got one

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

some people just have no idea of the power and unpredictability of the ocean, or how to read a weather map.
    most cases could have been avoided.
    Experience is something you dont get until
    just after you need it.