Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Calliope river and Boyne and surrounds

Hi all!
    Temps are dropping and things are slowing down obviously but I have a good friend flying up to Queensland to go for a weeks fishing and I'm taking him lol....sooooo at present I'm juggling ideas on where to take him so i don't waste his hard earned holidays catching nothing. He would like to catch barra or threadies etc, he isn't interested in chasing bream etc and neither am I .
    I have never fished the Calliope river so a bit lost there but have been told many times the hot water outlet is go? I have fished the lower and upper Boyne river but would love to hear some reports good or bad. Has anyone heard any news on the 2 rivers? Any other rivers to suggest this time of year? Forecast isn't look great to take him offshore....
    I know the pro's have been hitting the barra hard with the nets, has there been any action since or recently?
    Cheers!
    Rob.
    p.s anyone heard any reports from Callide? or the river under it?

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Rob. Try giving Al49 a PM. He will know what is happening in the Boyne and maybe the Calliope as well.
    Finally got one

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

mate the boyne has been very quiet since the pros smashed it they took an est of 10 tonne out for cat food, the callipe I don't know a lot about ,had a cracker session there a few months back but nothing since ,the hot water is your best bet up here mid week hope this helps a bit
    the world is a lot better place if you just smile

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys much appreciated!