Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default No Jew but still something to chew

On the water at 4am with my mate and his young fella looking to snag a jewwy. Beautilful morning with a top sunrise. Alas not a touch in the deep holes so I said to my mate I am gonna shoot off and see if I could boat a flatty or two as I had 6 kids and 2 adults to feed tonight. Told him I would call him if I found any.

sr1.jpg
    sr2.jpg
    Headed over to a likely looking spot, 1st cast and whack, I was onto a nice mid fifites flatty.

ffotm.jpg

Into the keeper bag he goes, onto the dog and bone and tell old mate of my good fortune. He zips over and we start chasing them up into the shallow banks and weed patches.

I ended up putting 2 more keepers in the boat and let a couple of unders go. My mate landed a couple of keepers too and a cracker 81cm fat girl that we took some happy snaps of and got back in to swim off!!

f2.jpgtzwfh.jpgfhf.jpgfhs.jpgmwfh.jpgglw.jpg
    A top couple of hours on the water. OH, and check out that greedy little whiting!!!

Cheers

Funchy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

great morning out luke good stuff flatty king
    Finally got one

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Onya Luke. Another top morning on the water. I think you probably got the pick of this weekends weather as well.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks boys

Yeah Gazza, was nice. Look like next 24hrs or so may be iffy but hopefully by monday morning I can hit it again!!

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Good times mate. Looks a nice day before the wind change hey. Shame th no jew situation.
    As with real estate, Fishing is all about Location Location Location

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Yet another top report from Mr Funch......maybe you should be taking Starlos job for a change of career......

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

When i saw the heading i knew what you would be chewin,, very nice Flatty Luke..

Baz

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Tony, i seem to have a knack for the flattys but still learnin on other species so may be a while before i displace too many pros. (but i dont drop as many fish on their heads as Worstling).

Yeah Baz, its about all the whole famly will eat most times (along with whiting and snapper) so when i want to put something on the table its my go to fish. Funny though, i was targetting jewwys and threadys early on in deep water and guess what i caught? Yep, small flatty smashed a 5 inch minnow. Seems i atract them

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Smoked flathead fillets in white cheesy sauce mmmm tastey stuff ya got them flatheads sussed funchy
    Fishing bring it on no matter the type .

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Yummo fresh flatty fillets sounds good to me in flour with salt,pepper and some garlic salt then straight into a hot pan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast