Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pics of a good lookin girl!!!

Headed out at 4am this morning after it finally stopped raining up here. Tide was running in and a full moon lit the sky. The high was due around 7am so I had plenty of time to fish the run in at the jew hole. I threw placcies around till about 7am for not even a nibble. Other boats about me didn’t raise a scale while I was there either so I thought I would hit my flatty spot and see if the girls had headed back in after the spawn which I believe they should be by now.

Got in to position and fired off a cast in where I thought a flatty might be laying in ambush. It was just on the edge of a weed bank as it clears to yabby bank. The water was flowing in from the incoming tide right on the corner. My assumption was right! After a couple of hops along the bottom I felt that happy little tic in the line. I paused then struck. Yep, I was on. This fella had a bit of go in him. He carried on in the shallow water for a bit, circled the tinny then finally settled so I could net him. Looks like he had been feeding on small gar cos he spat one at me while I was taking the hook out. He was a nice 58cm flatty! Dinner!!

1f6.jpg
    I kept casting about and worked the pattern I like to follow up along the bank when I felt the Gulp 3 inch grub I was using pull through a patch of weed, I kept slowly hopping it through the weed and as soon as it cleared the weed it was monstered by a solid fish. I felt some good weight and though at first I had another nice one for the table until she spotted the tinny and took off!!! Well now, this feels decent! She took a few screaming runs in the shallow water then sat on the bottom and sulked for a while. I gently angled the rod and got her moving again. She had a few more runs as she got close to the tinny and then saw the net but eventually I lifted 85cm of fat lizard onto the deck!! Very happy. Upgraded my previous PB by 4cms!! I measured her, got some happy snaps and swam her for a good 5 mins to make sure she was fighting fit then let her swim away!! Gold!!
    I was pretty happy with myself landing her on 6lb Nanofil with 8lb leader (8oz jighead if ya wondering )

1f8.jpg
    1f1.jpg
    85cmF.jpg
    1f2.jpg
    1f3.jpg
    1f4.jpg
    1f5.jpg
    1f7.jpg

After that things got quiet at the toip of the tide. I boated 1 decent bream that joined the flatty in the keeper bag on the top of the tide on my sleeper rig out the back.

1d1.jpg
    1b1.jpg
    1b2.jpg
    Wind got up around 9am so I headed in with a big grin on my face !!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice funchy stonker flatty
    Ben..

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrat's again mate, at this rate you will have that metery in no time..
    Baz

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice one Funchy, The King Lives.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

another pb your on fire funch
    8oz jighead

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spaded View Post
    another pb your on fire funch
    8oz jighead
    8th oz.... Sorry

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you get your grips back Luke??

Good fish that one mate gotta be happy with that.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mangajack View Post
    Did you get your grips back Luke??

Good fish that one mate gotta be happy with that.
    I had lip grips wrapped around my hand 3 times and always do now see the bungy cord on em. Thats so i never screw up again

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Cracker frog Funch.Always good breaking new pb's,good work mate early rise paid off for you.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

ripper flat one luke well done
    Finally got one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast