Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default friday night traditions

Gday all . Pretty much each Friday night Micko and myself try to catch up for a fish and some friendly banter , after micks diamond last weekend it didn't take much thinking of where we were headed to !! We arrived just after 8pm , unfortunately it was raining quite heavily and a stiff breeze to go with it . Things weren't looking good . We decided to give it and hour and make a call after that

it started off pretty quick with a bream then I hooked a dreaded hairtail ,luckily it didn't bite through the leader so got a quick pic and put him back in , next up it was Mikey with a little reefy (mother in law) which was pretty damn cool I gotta admit . .

After getting some pics for him I went for a walk to the "death pit" a 2m by 5m pit . Well 1st cast it was rudely interrupted by something obviously not a bream or hairtail . this thing had some serious speed and tail beats, I yelled out to Mikey to come over as I thought I was gonna get busted off any second around all the structure , all I could do was hold on and bury my rod in the water & winde!! .with a bit of luck and help from mick landing it I had a nice Gt in my hands . . After Releasing it I checked my lure and leader, a set of trebles had been opened up so I quickly tied on another blade and dropped it back down .. F&c" me . I was on again the very next cast to another one , this one felt even more stubborn then the last one , at one point I could feel him rubbing me around something , really wanting this fish & a bit of patience, rod buried in the water moment again & a helping hand, another beautiful night time gt came up . . By now we were both satched and Stoked with that, we decided to call it a night ! cheers chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a bad session at all you blokes keep up the good work

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Love your work fellas!
    You've been tying the blades on a fair bit lately Chris?
    Alex.
    * Unless specified, all fish pictured were released unharmed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice fishing. Good GTs. I'm waiting for the dreaded hairtails to turn up here in Cairns as I am out of Spanish bait.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good work land-based. That would have a lot of boaties jealous lol.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Was a great little session considering we only had lines in the water for around an hour before the rain came an put an end to our fishing.Can only imagine how good it would've been if we had a few more hours.Mate how you got those two out of the pit has me totally stumped.Would have loved to have hooked up to one last night but unfortunately all I could manage were these two.Good fun mate and look forward to next week. DSCF2692.jpgDSCF2702.jpgDSCF2711.jpg

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Oi
    Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanFishoCairns View Post
    Love your work fellas!
    You've been tying the blades on a fair bit lately Chris?
    Funny you mention that Alex,on the way to the spot we were discussing about how very little use the blades get in summer compared to winter.I guess in winter some fish just are not keen for the bigger lures so by sticking with the jellybean theory it tends to open up alot more options.Plus alot of places that we fish have alot of fast moving current so sometimes a blade or vibe are your only options.Only downside is opened trebles on the bigger fish,but im sure this can be rectified with a small single on the back. Mick

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha.. This is what happens when I read your posts in the field!

image.jpg

Hey, you lads getting up this way on your drive?
    Alex.
    * Unless specified, all fish pictured were released unharmed.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheers boys was a good night

Alex, blades are pretty much all I use during winter here on the gold coast , the fish sit alot deeper with our cool water temps, just means I can spend more time down there in the zone , can annoy fish to bite with the vibration they put out and fish them quick, if nothing there move on . they are a little weapon of a lure . Everything eats a blade

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha wtf Alex .. Exactly same time posting ... Random haha.. Niice man

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast