Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Glass out snapper...

Ditched work and headed out into Moreton Bay with Kyle before first light this morning. Zoomed across a glassed-out bay in record time and arrived at our first spot before dawn. Had the entire place to ourselves all morning...

The snapper were active and willing along the shallow reef edge and Kyle managed 3 legal fish (38, 40 & 45) to my two (36 & 40). We lost a couple of good fish to pulled hooks and Kyle lost his favourite Bevy Shad to a hungry tailor. There was plenty of surface and bird action and the snapper were feeding under schools of tiny pelagics. They hit hardbodies, blades and jigs...

We also caught a heap of undersize snapper and other species including tailor, moses perch, pike and morwong. No cod despite the recent rain. All fish released to catch another day...

Motored back home across a still glassed-out bay to be met just short of Wello Point by the same Marine Police that pulled us over a few weeks ago. Nice blokes more interested in fishing techniques after checking our safety gear.

Another top morning on the bay. Pics will follow tonight.

Cheers

Pete
    And in the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.

- Abraham Lincoln

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

damn not the bevy, there like gold, i've lost many many of them ! sounds like a good morning mate

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice one Pete, I was going to hit the islands this morning, but it turned into one of those days where if anything could wrong, it did. Walked out the front door this morning at 4.30am, boat hooked up ready to go, walked up the drive and the front gates are open. SH!T where's the dogs, Great Dane and a Mastiff. Well the rest is history, two hours driving around, couldn't find them. 7am they come trotting down the drive, soaking wet and covered in mud. My concern was that the mastiff hates small dogs, the last one he got hold of cost me $1200 in vet bills. Around my place there are dozens of people out and about around 5.30 walking there little dogs and all I could see was dollar signs or worse.

So no fishing for me today and I can tell you, at this time, I still feel crook in the guts thinking about what could have been.

Keep up the good work, you and kyle sure are getting amongst them.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done as always Pete & Kyle.Was a very nice day today,good to see you fellas made the most of it

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Better weather than up here. Walked to the Mooloola mouth mouth this arvo. Conditions outside were extremely ordinary. Didn't stop a steady procession of boats heading out though. Including a number of 4M-ish tiller steers. Crazy some people.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear a few fish around Peter well done to you and Kyle I am hitting mud with a couple of the deviots from this site in the morning

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, we're heading out again too...
    And in the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.

- Abraham Lincoln

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Went out on my own yesterday morning. Got lost in a very thick fog bank making me late for the dawn bite at Goat. Only managed a few tailor and five snapper.

Just one legal at 53cm but he went like a train! Good times...

- Abraham Lincoln