Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bunch of randoms

Yep, unfortunately this last week has yielded a bunch of fish that were either 1) undesirable species or 2) absolutely tiny. Not that it matters really. Simply being out there amongst it all is reward enough and as they say “a bad days fishing is better than the best day at work” – well truer words were never spoken.

I have been fishing 4 times in the last week which has resulted in 2 doughnuts, a descent bream, an undersized barra, grunter and a whiting that looked like it just hatched. Not literally. But seriously this thing was flat out being as long as the 3 inch prong that I caught him on. He was foul hooked though so does that even count?

My apologies to those who have seen the turtle photos already but I just came across them again now and though they would be worthy to share with the rest of my readers. I was fishing a couple of months ago and could see sand being flicked up in the air. I went over to take a look and was greeted by this massive turtle. I am not sure of the exact species but this thing was absolutely huge and would have weighed at least 150kg. It was such a special site to see and will be something I will remember for quite a long time.

For the rest of the report and additional images, visit www.lukesfishinmission.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visit my blog - www.lukesfishinmission.com

Subscribe for FREE to receive updates

Like my page on Facebook www.Facebook.com/LukesFishinMission

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Only see half a barra there. . Lol
    I have caught whiting no bigger than 4cm on small hard bodies before, feels like you have fouled up some weed lol
    Ben..

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

winter barra !? now you got me jealous,ever since mackay trip they are my favourite fish

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UndersizeBreamKing View Post
    Only see half a barra there. . Lol
    I have caught whiting no bigger than 4cm on small hard bodies before, feels like you have fouled up some weed lol
    lol yeh he flicked at the most inopportune moment at the time the pic was taken

With that whiting, I honestly thought, I had foul-hooked some shel grit

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spaded View Post
    winter barra !? now you got me jealous,ever since mackay trip they are my favourite fish
    Yeh you still get them in winter, just have to fish the shallow warmer water and around pilons and rocks bars that transfer the heat to the water. They are a bit harder to catch though

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

oh that was meant to say 6cm too.. lol 4cm jeez that would be tiny
    Ben..