Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Nice fish mate, how did it taste? We have a ciggy risk here in the bay, so I dont eat em.
    That one of starlos was a bonza, but any queeny is good fun. Well done on the pb.
    Wasn't it what ..and on fly too!
    Starting to wish mine was a big bigger for all the pallaver with the pics, but she came up a treat. I'd place it a wee bit below Threadie for taste.
    But top fun bringing to the net... and felt a little more confident with the hook-set when I saw it wasn't a Tarp!

Quote Originally Posted by AustralianFish View Post
    Hey Alex, notice the locals have set up camp in that area
    Yeh, I think I know who you mean Ben.
    Ol' Blue tent? Still there- Never been a problem. I could be far more critical of some of the blokes in boats. You'd reckon they'd have more respect/consideration for a fisho judging by the G Loomis/Reidy's decals gratuitiously splatered all over their compensatory watercraft. Heh-heh.. bitter much?
    ... nah, but Bluey's allright.. it's the Gecks you want to keep an eye on!
    Last edited by SuburbanFishoCairns; 09-07-2013 at 06:07 PM.
    Alex.
    * Unless specified, all fish pictured were released unharmed.

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanFishoCairns View Post
    Yeh, I think I know who you mean Ben.
    Ol' Blue tent? Still there- Never been a problem. I could be far more critical of some of the blokes in boats. You'd reckon they'd have more respect/consideration for a fisho judging by the G Loomis/Reidy's decals gratuitiously splatered all over their compensatory watercraft. Heh-heh.. bitter much?
    ... nah, but Bluey's allright.. it's the Gecks you want to keep an eye on!
    Yeah blue tent, camp fires all up the beach every night, probably one of the best spots in all of Cairns to camp. I hear you on the boats too, I usually just reel in and get ready to cast at them it's not like they need to even come over to that side of the river. Are you still seeing regular bust ups on the flats across the way? I've always wanted to anchor up and throw the whole tackle box over that flats area, and live bait it too. Really haven't been fishing at all which is bad.

It's funny, when I see g loomis stickers up here I immediately think, wanker! Yet to be proven wrong. Usually the worst offenders are the fishos too, makes you wonder…

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Congatulations on the PB mate,hopfully many more too follow.Keep up the good work mate
    Last edited by Micko; 10-07-2013 at 10:37 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12