Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Incredible Morning at Mud

Incredible - the Bay Whisperer didn't fill the boat with fish. What is the world coming to !!

Very quiet morning. Plan was to get to Mud before sun-up, chuck placcies for a while then troll for tailor as the morning got on.

Plan started well. After a wet run across from Clontarf, we arrive pre-dawn at Mud and Shane is into a keeper snapper on about his 3rd cast. High hopes after that. We then fished the next hour or so for two undersize snaps.

All right - we will clean up on tailor instead. Shane is onto a keeper in the first minutes of the troll. High hopes again. We then troll for another hour or so for 2 undersize fish.

Alternated between placcies and trolling for the rest of the morning - for a few bloody grinners.

Did see a nice looking boat to fish off - very stable platform.

Forgot to photo the fish so took the next best thing !!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes that photo was me, just out testing the new radar system. Thought I'd get in before anyone else

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Long way to lift the fish though !!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Onya Pete and Shane

Hope its not that tough for me tomorow chasing red ones

Enjoy your fillets

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny how fish can build you up & let you down even quicker.. At least you got a taste

Baz

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you provide him with cooked breaky of bacon/snag sambos like we did last week? Well that was your problem.
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Did you provide him with cooked breaky of bacon/snag sambos like we did last week? Well that was your problem.
    He kept saying "thank goodness it wasn't like this last week with the boys " !! I gave him cold snags and hard boiled eggs. I am still trying to work out why the skipper has to feed the deckie though !!

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    He kept saying "thank goodness it wasn't like this last week with the boys " !! I gave him cold snags and hard boiled eggs. I am still trying to work out why the skipper has to feed the deckie though !!

Whats so hard, feed the deckie = fish, cold snags and hard boiled eggs = well you know.........

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trymyluck View Post
    Whats so hard, feed the deckie = fish, cold snags and hard boiled eggs = well you know.........
    Yep mark he found out what cold snags and boiled bum nuts gets very low fish catch rate but at least I boated the keepers you think last week was tough glad we did not fish today it would of been a big disappointment

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    Yep mark he found out what cold snags and boiled bum nuts gets very low fish catch rate but at least I boated the keepers you think last week was tough glad we did not fish today it would of been a big disappointment

Nah, while its nice to catch a few fish its more the day on the water I look forward to........Don't seem to be able to get enough of those days for some reason.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast