Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: burnett river ?

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default burnett river ?

I have been doing a ton of trips from hervey bay and gladdy in recent times and cross the burnett river which goes under the bruce highway ,was wondering what the fishing would be like in this section has anyone fished it, as it looks brilliant .havnt seen a boat ever in this section ,is there a ramp to access this area ?it looks a brilliant kayak area to explore
    the world is a lot better place if you just smile

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Many years ago I broke down just prior to the bridge and spent about 5 hours there waiting for a spare part to get going again. Whilst there i saw several decent sized fish and one large fish (about 1 to 1.2m long) cross the shallows to the next deeper section in front of me. Fish were there then, I would reckon they would be there now.
    I am yet to see a boat or a fisher there too.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

G'day Al, I reckon Foxie or The Devo could put you right on this one. It does look super fishy.

Paulo
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barramag View Post
    G'day Al, I reckon Foxie or The Devo could put you right on this one. It does look super fishy.

Paulo
    yes a very impressive looking bit of water

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi al we use to put in at booyal crossing just up stream of the bridge and catch bass and yellas. Which are the whole way through the burnett. Huge lung fish in there and have a mate who electro fished even further up stream. Which resulted in heaps of the above and barra up to 1.3m. You could launch a small tinny or kayaks if you follow the road just before the sthn side of the bridge to the intersection then turn right and follow your nose
    My fantasy is having two women at once.
    one cleaning the fish and one cooking the fish.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tez86 View Post
    Hi al we use to put in at booyal crossing just up stream of the bridge and catch bass and yellas. Which are the whole way through the burnett. Huge lung fish in there and have a mate who electro fished even further up stream. Which resulted in heaps of the above and barra up to 1.3m. You could launch a small tinny or kayaks if you follow the road just before the sthn side of the bridge to the intersection then turn right and follow your nose
    thanks tez I have been to the rowing club down that way but not there will have to google earth it

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

No worries if ya need any info pm me and ill send ya my number
    My fantasy is having two women at once.
    one cleaning the fish and one cooking the fish.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Yer Al I always look at it as we are heading to mondy and think jease thats fishy. After the flood water went down I came over the bridge and saw several large bazza's dead on a sandy patch there which made me even more keen to try a yak fish along there.
    Finally got one