Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best session so far! Caloundra.

Hey guys managed a little session this morning. Started about 7 in my new secret spot when the sun was already up, calm winds so tried surface lures. I was flicking a ghost walker and had a few hits and misses when finally I got absolutely smashed by a whiting, was around 20cm and released safely.

Not much else was happening so I rigged up a 1/16th 1/0 tt hidden weight jighead, and a 2.5" Zman grub in motor oil. Second cast I hooked up to a nice little flatty but dropped it near the bank. Next cast I managed to bring one up around 35cm. Tried another spot and got hit but no fish, cast back and bam another flatty! Same size again. Few more casts and my 3rd for the morning about 40cm.

Started making my way back to the car slowly as I had to try head home early but got side tracked in a little part of the system I was fishing. It was only about half a metre -1 metre deep in most spots and As soon as my lure hit the water I got hit but dropped it. Its the same scenario for about n hour and I managed to land a total of 11 flathead, I dropped at least 10 and had alot of hits! Biggest was fat and very bigheaded, went 56cm and im confident theres bigger ones waiting for me.

The biggest.

Had to leave them biting just after 9.

All caught on a 1 - 3kg lox, 2500 ci4 stradic, 6lb sunline, 10lb leader.

Im loving it!

Thanks for reading.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good times, nothing wrong with a mid 50's flatty mate, I haven't caught one over 50 for over 6 months, I am stuck on a sub 40's curse lol
    Ben..

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great result.
    If you're not changing lures too often, brush up on your loop knot tying skills.
    Clips are definitely handy for quick changes but they will also have an impact on how well your lures swim. With the small finesse stuff that impact is worsened.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Keegan, 11 flaties in 2 hours is great mate

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done.

I'm a fan of the motor oil grubz. Motor oil curly tailz streakz for that matter too.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done young fella! I will give it a shot during the week and see if they are still there

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job Keegan, well done mate.
    Cheers,
    Doug.

4.2 metre Stessco Bass Tracker
    40hp Suzuki 4 stroke
    Minn Kota iPilot

Like to use Kingfisher lures or Predatek lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Work Noted.
    To the shed!