Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dodging work for a fish before the weekend.

Greg’s found some joy with Zman paddle tails, but I've been finding any arti hard- and largely unrewarding- work lately. So when I got the early mark on job #1, I cast the net for a few livies and went to catch the last of the ebb at a local LB spot.

On arriving, I found this fellow laid out for me. Fresh(ish) and I assume posed for the next fisho to see how things with teeth are getting chomped on by bigger things with teeth. I got sharked in a spectacular fashion at this spot just recently, so I took a pic… then took him for bait.

IMG_1942.jpg

Great weather- but not a great bite happening. Blades, plastics and small HBs got ignored while live prawns and mullet picked up a small GT.

IMG_1951.jpg

And a double hook-up of Tarpon.. which made for a pretty showy landing.

IMG_1945.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

Lunch break over- so headed out for job #2, only to see where all the Jacks are hanging out at this time of day.

IMG_1952.jpg

Wouldn't call it a win- but still beats a counter meal in the back bar of ‘The Crown’!
    Alex.
    * Unless specified, all fish pictured were released unharmed.