Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Some early morning zzzing

Hi all, Early rise this morning to meet a mate for a flick down at the local.Overcast conditions had me hopeful that some fishies would be on the bite for the next few hours on topwater and down deep.Started with the trusty ol 3"minnow & didn't have to wait to long to register the first enquiry for the morning,hitting me on a quick burn in after slowly hopping it across a deep rockbar.This little guy gave me a bit of a wake up call,as had it of been a nice sized Jack i reckon i would have most likely have had the rod ripped from my hands as i was still half asleep when he hit DSCN0608.jpgDSCN0612.jpg I said to Dan "not a bad start,should be a few more on the chew".Well how wrong was i,as this was what Dan managed to pull up out of 8m of water. DSCN0618.jpg Not much else happened there,so we decided to go a little further downstream and see if we could get something to bite.Second cast at the new spot and i get a hookup on a fat healthy flathead. DSCN0620.jpg Got two more flatties around the same size by hopping my plastic up a steep rocky ledge. DSCN0623.jpg Was a tough morning,but we still managed to get a few fish for our efforts. Thanks for reading. Cheers Mick

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounded like a nice morning. Cheers Rob

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Micko, nice catch. Looks like you had to navigate through some terrain to get to that spot?

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Jesus how did he manage to get that from the depths without being bricked!?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4
    Ben..

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

nice results mick that bream is a trophy
    the world is a lot better place if you just smile

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon that bream would have gone hard. Probably even pulled the slack out of the line.
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Yeah Dan was struggling on the bream's first run,but played it like a pro in the end lol.