Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Cairns Beaches

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cairns Beaches

Had an awesome morning on one of the Cairns beaches… Spooled by a 6ft hammerhead, 2 catfish, 3 other sharks, 2 baby grunter, 1 silver jew, heeeeaps of small whiting, 12+ three tooth jew, 2 dropped blue salmon 50/60cm ish and one 40's. Also some unknowns that shook themselves off before being sighted. Plenty of action anyway, two of us, I fished one rod and a mate two.

There were big sharks swimming around with their tails out 30cm from the shore, people walking their dogs looked a bit concerned and I'll never be swimming in close here again! Eventually one took my bait or a fish that took my bait more likely. Thought I had a chance and played him for about 15mins before it went on a screamer of a run and spooled me. Bugger.

Camera is on the blink, so no pics. We also hit up Bramston Beach in uncomfortable heat on Tuesday and caught dart, snub nose dart and lots of whiting on small vibes which was fun and some pikey bream and the worlds smallest jack on the way home in the Russell on yabbies. Hard fishing land based lately around the full moon as always, but a mate scored two cracking jacks last Friday in a hot 5 minute bite.