Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Default PB Topwater Jack

Hi Fellas,

Over the past few weeks ive been putting in a fair amount of time chasing Jacks and can honestly say that this is one fish that can seriously do your head in.Early yak sessions have produced many bust offs and heart In mouth moments but this morning it was all about to change.Woke up just before 3 and couldn't get back to sleep,so thought screw it im going for a flick.Arrived at the chosen spot and the place was dead quiet,no ripples,no nervious bait,absolutely no sign of life at all.Threw my popper in and started working along a steep rockwall,third cast into the session I get smashed and was just preying this guy would stay on long enough for me to at least get a look at him.So much power in their first run,but once he slowed I managed to get the upper hand and had this guy beat & in the net.Appologys for the photo quality,not easy to do in the dark on your own.Hope you all have a happy and safe new year. Cheers Mick
    Attached Images Attached Images