Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2014 season underway

So as we all know as of lunch time February 1 our favourite silver warriors are back on the menu and with the freezer all bar empty and on RnR. What better time to go chase a few barra. A mate has a new boat so we took it for a run to get some good juju in it. Had a bit of explore around looking for some fish. We marked a few in a familiar area for us so dropped the leccy in and casted away few undesirables come ofer the rail before my buddy hooks up a solid fish of 800ish. He one his freedom after a jighead failure.

I get Hookup 2 a short time after and after a short battle rubbed through leader. Thinking it's not going to be our day at this stage. Fishing had to get serious. I get hook up 3 and get a bit of luck and get my year started with a nice fish of 840mm, Next hourish i land 1 more at 730 and another jump off.

Session two was not too bad I got another two barra on softies. A 670 and a 710 that afternoon. Next morning sesh was quiet only boating a bit of by catch. Stav was due to head home so drop him off and head back out to try again. We marked a few fish on a ledge and got fishing. We got 4 or 5 honken big bream easily over a kilo and about a dozen rat jew before I got my 5th barra to the boat A nice 700. Fished the next morning for some more rat jew and couple of breambos. The softie of choice for the couple of days were the 3 inch shrimp gulp. I only got a couple of pics on my phone will post more when I get more.
    image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    As with real estate, Fishing is all about Location Location Location

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Good on ya, great way start the season. Bit different to this time last year. You still running that silly string for barra?

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice fella's, top trip.. What area were you fishing,without being to specific??

Baz

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Well dOne gippsy some nice barra

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice barra mate, good way to open the account
    Fishing Fishing Fishing. I like Fishing

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah cheers guys. Baz there's been no secret that I've been fishing the burrum system the last few years for some pretty consistent results. Here's a couple more pics.

image.jpgimage.jpg

sorry for the upside downness
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gippsy; 09-02-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Onya Gippsy, great start alright. Some nice looking fish. You certainly seem to have that system wired.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by addicted View Post
    Good on ya, great way start the season. Bit different to this time last year. You still running that silly string for barra?
    lol yeah mate rolling 6pound braid this year. I did get a couple on my 10 pound outfit too. Was nice to lean on a couple nice and hard.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice bit of silver there well done. Great way to christen a new boat,hope Stavy behaved himself. Top session,great read and pics.

Paulo
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff Gippsy. Looks like I am on 21/7 now so may be able to get amoungst a few myself.
    Finally got one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast