Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ....then the wind stopped for a brief moment.....

.......... so I took off from work at around 2pm. I drove home, loaded up the yak and headed down to my launch spot in the Pummy Passage and was putting my first cast out about 3:30pm. The wind was blowing around 8 knots with some gusts up to about 15 so I decided to fish along the protected mangrove line over on the Bribie side. The tide still had a couple of hours run out left in it. I spent the next hour and a half putting 6 flattys (range between 35cms and 59cms) and a nice fat 34cm bream in the yak. I kept 2 of the bigger flattys for the table and let the rest go.

A nice break in the weather from the rubbish we have seen here on the coast for the last few weeks.

Happy fishing people

14FH3.jpg
    14FH1.jpg
    14FH2.jpg
    14Bream.jpg
    14dinner.jpg

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice way to spend the afternoon Luke

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

That looks like it was a good session and better than Shagga did on Sunday, but weather always plays a part as do tides.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure has been windy everywhere lately, some nice fish there mate. Good to see someone out fishing!
    Fishing Fishing Fishing. I like Fishing

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Luke,

Unbelievable. Same time, same spot, same plastics, diffferent tide. We knew they were there on Sunday as we could see them and the water was continually boiling with flatties, bream, mullet and baitfish. With all that action in the water and still not one bit of interest shown in four hours of fishing.

That's why we keep going back.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shagga View Post
    Luke,

Unbelievable. Same time, same spot, same plastics, diffferent tide. We knew they were there on Sunday as we could see them and the water was continually boiling with flatties, bream, mullet and baitfish. With all that action in the water and still not one bit of interest shown in four hours of fishing.

That's why we keep going back.
    Yep, mind boggling isn't it mate? I got them along the front of the mangroves where I got that fish first cast the other Sunday... all along that mangrove line there.

Sing out for another arvo session one day next week if wind looks ok mate.

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Yep, mind boggling isn't it mate? I got them along the front of the mangroves where I got that fish first cast the other Sunday... all along that mangrove line there.

Sing out for another arvo session one day next week if wind looks ok mate.
    No worries count me in. I am considering a quick trip early in the morning as I have jobs up the coast to check out.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good work Luke, good to see the weather ease up a bit for you..
    Baz