Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Interesting Good Friday on Moreton Bay...

Kyle & I headed out early and managed to launch just before two thousand other boats at Wello Point. Headed to Goat in calm conditions and were pleasantly surprised to find no-one there! Very quiet for the first two hours as the low tide slowly turned and the water and bait began to move.

After a few small fish to the boat my lure was monstered (after a soft tap) and the drag screamed as I fought a good fish that turned out to be a 49cm snapper. Next cast my lure is again smashed boatside and a 48cm snapper graced the net soon after. It went quiet after that, so we headed into the shallows to do some surface luring.

Early on both Kyle and I hooked up on big tailor but they threw the hooks. I missed a hit and as I quickly brought in the lure for the next cast it was smashed by two or three tailor. A hook-up resulted but the fight didn't feel right. No wonder - I had two tailor hooked up on the lure at the same time. A 38 and a 35cm fish. Kyle then managed a 36cm snapper on a surface pencil in less than 1 metre of water...

It started to get too busy with boat traffic so we headed in, spotting a few schools of mac tuna and one aggressively feeding school of longtails that were jumping clear of the water as they fed. All disappeared as we approached...

Anyway, it was a top morning on the bay...now to install the new sounder!

Cheers

Pete & Kyle
    Attached Images Attached Images
    And in the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.

- Abraham Lincoln