Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Turned the corner

G'day all,

After having a few trips with not much success and a few missed oppurtunites here and there finally had a good day out on the water in Fishermans ck with a neighbour, only went out for three hours from 9 to 12 and fished the incoming tide right up to full for a change. My neighbour hasn't done much fishing before and has spent most of his life working in the bush. Started him out on the plastics with not to much luck so decided to get him to soak a few livies. Within a minute of chucking out the first bait his drag was screaming, after a bit of tussle had 50 cm of trevally in the boat, Bled it and chucked it in the esky for a feed.

We ended up sitting on top of a school of threadys but couldn't set the hooks on many, was throwing a 3 inch prong on a 1/8th ounce head. Finally had a solid connection and turned into a epic battle on bream gear, thought for a bit I was going to be spooled but eventually turned its head and started trying to put a bit more hurt on the fish and ended up pulling the hooks. Had a few other short lived hookups but couldn't make much of them.

Mates livie was the next to go off, first thing he tells me was this fish must be smaller then the last until it saw the boat and hit the afterburners ended up with a tug of war with a blue salmon that had to be easily 800. Managed to get it in the boat and had high fives going only for the fish that was laying in the landing net on the back casting deck to have a few flicks of the tail and managed to release itself back into the drink.

Pulled a little barra that was just under legal and a few grunter to round the day out. Was good to get out, catch a few fish and see someone picking up the fishing bug.

Thanks for reading

Lou
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great trip out mate. Always enjoyable to put someone else onto a good fish and see the light dawn that this is pretty special, this fishing thing!
    Fishing Fishing Fishing. I like Fishing

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Lou, nice fish mate i would say your mate is hooked now.

Baz