Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A Musky-Red and Blue Dots day

Well after being called a secretive old bassard by Gunna a week ago for not shouting out to the world as to just what I am catching I thought I had better post a thread.

I was going yesterday morning but when I awoke at 4.00 am it was raining so I went back to bed and that was good, didn't wake until 9.00 am, if I had of had a female companion I may have stayed in bed for the rest of the day lol.

Anyway folks I braved the early morning today but I only blasted out of bed at 5.00am, had a bit of breakie and the essential coffee, loaded the Hornet and headed off. As usual by the time I got to the ramp everyone else had already departed, but that doesn't worry me all the old hands know you can catch snapper any time of the day.

I started off in close and the place just felt barren, I would think s lot of you would get that feeling sometimes, it just feels dead and no fish around. Anyway I pushed out wide had a few throws, got a few timid bumps but no money so I moved some more, but no bait or any quantity could be found. I then went wider and immediately got a good hit and a burning run, I thought you ripper Rita I got one but then the hook come loose, crap! arh well few more casts nothing so I thought I'll rub a bit of that catfish attractant s-factor on the plastic, cast out again and whack, another burning run, you beauty I thought, then the bloody hook fell out again. I wound in and had a look at the hook it was okay but it was a 4/o so I cut it off and tied on a 5/0, rubbed a bit of catfish attractant on the rubber out she goes and whack zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz geez this is good I thought just waiting for the hook to fall out but it didn't and I boated a 58cm snap, good stuff, on to the ice. I could go on for another hour about this but I'll just say I boated four snapper, one 46cm flatty and a bloody flounder as soon as I had the fourth snap in the ice box I stopped fishing no point stirring them up then letting them go. I also hooked and lost another six or seven, what I believe were good sized snapper, nothing like inspecting your jig head and seeing all the snapper bite marks in it and shiny to boot haha.

At this point I'll try to throw up a picture.

Okay Gunna just for you mate after your spit haha.

Cheers,
    John.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Some cause happiness wherever they go.

Others whenever they go.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good post John you will have to tell me how wide you were will i need my epirb lol

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I am jealous. Nicely done Obi. I will be at Mud in the morning. Hope to find a few.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    Good post John you will have to tell me how wide you were will i need my epirb lol
    Haha Shane you won't need your epirb but you will need flares, and reels with good drag drags no grabby ones, I had a couple take runs of at least 30 meters, really powerful runs, multiple times, great fun.

Cheers,
    John.

Others whenever they go.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Now I am jealous. Nicely done Obi. I will be at Mud in the morning. Hope to find a few.
    We will have to try to get that trip next week mate and sort out your trails.

Cheers,
    John.

Others whenever they go.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyable trip by the sound of it John and good fish too.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

great morning there John !
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Great work John, I'll have to give it a go soon.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice mate, mite give it a go when I get home
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast