Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Mud Isl Report

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mud Isl Report

There have been great reports from Redcliffe lately so rather than follow the crowd I have had a couple of Mud Island sessions.
    Thursday 22nd
    Was flicking around the Jeays reef on first light but only cute little pinkies were biting. A move to the grazier was required after one got sharked at the boat. Grazier produced 3 snaps 37,52,64. Home for lunch.
    Tuesday 27th
    Headed straight to the grazier & got an hour fishing in mirror conditions before the tide changed. 2 x 38cm grassies, 1 60cm dusky & 1 x 38cm snap were released into the ice slurry. Only two other boats there including the whoppers.
    I've always had a love/hate relationship with Mud. If I bring home a feed, she stays in the good books........
    Cheers
    Dan.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Can be a very challenging place at times. But very rewarding at others...
    Red

Fish Well, Fish Egrell

Red@redmandesigns.com.au

FishLife Magazine - best mag around
    Red@fishlife.tv

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks dan fished there on Sat for a couple of fish but nothing to write home about well done

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Dan, I agree mud, hear a lot about it, but I've fished there a dozen or so times and never caught a decent fish there.
    Thanks again for the report, keep em coming.
    cheers Dids

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies fellas.
    I've tried to put something up which is helpful to others, because reports are pretty thin these days - across all forums.
    It's just I'd rather post here 'cause you blokes are so nice to each other
    See you out there!
    Dan

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Dan, it'd be interesting to talk to someone that's fished Mud island for the past 30 or so years. I reckon you'd find mud would be the spot in the southeast most affected by the internet, before the interweb far fewer people would have fished it and it would have fired, now every keyboard jockey ( me included) thinks of mud when it comes to the bay and snapper. There's gota be better bits of reef out there, what do you reckon?

cheers Dids

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going to ask what do you cal graziers out there is it the nth east end or out the car park on the east not after the exact spot just never heard anything like that there