Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Mumma and a mad mullet

Ducked out on the yak again this arvo for a couple of hours in the yak. Conditions were fantastic with glassy waters. The tide had just turned from the high with about half an hour of run out by the time I got to my spot. Another fella in a yak was around chasing a few and he said he had only got one for the time he had been out. I said to him that this was a good spot that I have done well with in the past. We said our good byes and he went on his way. He was about 30 meters behind me when I got a solid hit on the placcy I was flicking and felt some nice weight as it slowly came in towards the yak without much of a fight. Sure enough as soon as it saw the yak it go cranky and took off. After a bit of a tussle I landed a nice fat 75cm flat one. I sang out to old mate to take my photo with it...... ummmm.... perhaps I should have smiled

Anyway, I got a couple more undersize flattys, another big puffer fish on an SP and a 45cm mullet that jumped out of the water and into the yak!!!!! hahahahaaa...... free bait for my weekend offshore session!!

25FH1.jpg

25fh2.jpg

25mullet.jpg

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice flatty Funchy. When I worked on a trawler, pilchards used to jump in the boat at night.... Used get between 2 and 10 a night. Used to run out and grab em and put em in fridge for bait the next day haha

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had gar jump in and hardyheads but not a big arse mullet. Poor bugger got caught under my bungee cords I use to hold stuff down...... Happy with that. Scared the bejeezzuz outta me though

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Luke. A mate and I were crabbing up a small creek a few years back and a large mullet jumped straight in the boat. Scared the crap out of both of us. You just don't expect it.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a barra jump into my boat at Mondy a few years back...

Another nice lizard Luke...
    And in the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.

- Abraham Lincoln

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Legendary!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice again Funch.. Do you find the bigger girls come out to play in the cooler months?
    Ben..

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UndersizeBreamKing View Post
    Nice again Funch.. Do you find the bigger girls come out to play in the cooler months?
    Yeah Ben, looking back over my reports it's May to August I have scored my biggest ones. I have caught 5 fish over 70 cms in the last four weeks. But also a lot of undersize. Wasn't till today that I got the slot for a few keepers.