Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Cold coast

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cold coast

Hi Guys,

Been a while since ive put a report up,but to be honest with you I have done very little fishing in the last month or so.Was a bit unsure about wether or not to do a report,but as these guys aren't all that common down here in winter,I thought I would share tonights session with ya's.Made a last minute plan with Seano who recently joined AA & his buddy Al to head down Nerang way & chase a few fish.Anyone who lives & fishes down this way would be well aware of where we are & would also be well aware how hard this place gets flogged.When we arrived all we could see was dried out whitebait scattered all over the place thanks to the swarms of careless gits with castnets that obviously couldn't be bothered returning them back to the water.I thought back to a few months ago when the whitebait was thick & proceeded to tie on a grub.Sean came over & was telling me about "something over there was having a crack at the mullet".I went over for a looksy & threw a cast in,not really expecting much more than maybe a bream or flatty.Was surprised to get an instant hookup on something that felt half decent.I managed to put the brakes on this fella before he had a chance to do something smart & was stoked to see this fella pop his little red head out for a quick photo.Not big I know...but this is only my third ever winter jack,so im not complaining with how the session turned out.We fished for about an hour & a half & decided it was too bloody cold to continue & called it a night.Bring on summer....

Mick
    Attached Images Attached Images

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Micko, gotta love the inconsiderate type of baitos.. (nit saying all)
    Ben..

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Might not be a monster mate but still a nice Jack, well done..

Baz

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely not all.I know most make an effort to put back what they dont need.It just seems to be quite a common thing for this spot unfortunately.Whats done is done..

Thanks Baz....
    Last edited by Micko; 20-07-2014 at 10:07 AM.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Onya Micko!. My local bass creek is littered with rubbish constantly. I do a pick every now and then, but it is back within a week or so.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

If only people could realise, that's why we get locked out of so many places..
    Ben..

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Great going Micko. Any winter jack is special.
    According to my chemistry teacher, alcohol IS a solution!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Mad Mick's Mangrove Jack Massacre continues!!! Onya mate