Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Fri morn Pin

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fri morn Pin

Fri morn Pin

Just thought I would share today’s session at the Pin.

On the water at 4am, went down near the Pin bar and to my usual spot to jig some bait. I couldn’t get a single touch, very frustrating.

My jig was destroyed by 3 tailor, however 1 of those went into the live well.

What’s you thoughts on live bait, I usually get herring and pike, but come to think of it I usually get these in summer…..do they disappear from around the Pin in winter?

Anyway……ducked over to the mouth/bar, drifted the last of the run in/slack water in around 16mts of water with my stunt tailor just off the bottom, but not a touch.

It was so quite in fact that there were masses of what looked like whitebait, however not a tailor in sight, not even a bird….weird.

Anyway…..that was Fri.

Cheers
    Trent

P.S. .... Mr Stunt Tailor was bloody happy to to be let free at the end !

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

plastics....... just sayin...

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya barkin.....would mean a lot less muckin around too

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    plastics....... just sayin...
    I agree....

Get Greg to go raid the stash of Drop Bears I left in Windaroo... If he can find them.
    Is a better golfer than fisherman... Apparently

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

I did the pin bar on friday night. Im just expolring the area after moving back to Pimpama a few months ago.
    There were a few schools of something coming by on the sounder, so I sent a bait down, and it didnt take long to get a legal Tailor. I snelled 2 hooks and sent him back down at the high tide mark, and got no hits for about an hour. After the tide change, something bit through the 80lb trace, so I reckon he was sharked. That was it for the night, too much snot weed around.

Id like to use plastics, but the tide really rips thru there, and friday was new moon, so too much current. Dunno about finding herring and pike, but they are good bait when you do. Ive been fishing Paradise Pt, and getting herring under bridges at night. Theyve been patchy tho. White bait has been reported everywhere throughout the Gold Coast lately.

I see Jacobs Well bait and tackle at the main ramp has closed now. They were cleaning it out fri night.

cheers
    Andrew
    According to my chemistry teacher, alcohol IS a solution!

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poppers81 View Post
    I agree....

Get Greg to go raid the stash of Drop Bears I left in Windaroo... If he can find them.
    Thanks Andy....will do.

How is the fishing in Wepia region ?

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Gecko,

When I was putting back on the trailer a local told me that at the jetty next to the ramp is the place to jig for bait. Heaps there apparently. I will give this jetty a go before I head to the mouth next time.

However.....Next time I will also be trying plastic as well, we will see what happens I suppose.

If you are keen I will send you a note next time I am heading, you can hook up if ya like.

Cheers

Trent