Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hard day on the Bay.

Hey guys,
    Had a fish Saturday on Moreton bay with old man :P It was a pretty tough day, hits and bites were scarce. We found plenty of great sounder shows, but getting them interested was another thing.. We chucked almost everything at them, which only resulted in a couple of small dropped fish and the odd half arsed hits.
    20140809_104050.jpg
    So after a few more drifts we headed around the other side of mud for a look.. It wasn't too long til the old boy picked up a nice Tailor on the troll. But with that being the only interest (aside half a dozen stripies to dad and Cheryl) we kept searching.
    As we got into some more sheltered water, I tied on a popper on the silly string and started prospecting. It payed off and a good hit from a rolling tailor ensued with a double hook up, with dad using a fast worked plastic cast behind my fish.
    My tailor managed to foul hook itself in the gut, which made for some great fun on the 4lb, especially not being able to turn it's head lol.
    Not too long after we came across a school of tailor smashing up some bait, dad got another hookup and another nice tailor was in the well!
    20140809_115535.jpg
    With that being the last of the action we could find, we decided to move into the Brissy river to prospect for some jews.
    First drop on the stink bait, as it hit the bottom, dads bait was engulfed by a good mid 50's flat fish!
    With an almost low tide, the hits started to fire up. I got what felt like a couple of bream taps on the 5" grubz, but once I struck it and loaded up, it was pretty obvious it was a bit bigger then a breambo! The fish put up a great account for itself, with plenty of aggressive head shakes. I could feel the line was wrapped around it, with every head shake I felt the line unwrapping itself, I was pretty tense until it became completely unwrapped. After a good tussle, a new pb Jew for me was slipped into the net, plenty of cheering followed.
    It went 85 on the mat, but not only that, it was VERY well fed, extremely solid fish. The pics don't do it justice, it had extremely broad shoulders for its size.
    DSCF2909 rs.JPG
    I followed up with a flat fish around 45, but there wasn't much more action once the tide slacked.
    DSCF2911.JPGDSCF2910.jpg
    So it was off home with a nice feed of tailor and a flat one for dad and Cheryl!
    I had a ball, even if the fishing was pretty tough, thanks for the day!
    Dad might have more to add, I may have missed stuff lol
    Ben..

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Any day with a PB jew is always a good day.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah thats about it really. Had a good day out on MB. They are few and far between for us so it was great getting out there. Oh you did miss one thing. Great skippering to put you onto the jewie lol. Uploading the vid to FB now and will pop a link up. It looks like it will be uploaded some time before xmas lol.
    Finally got one

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention that we used spot lock all day and didnt use the anchor once. How good is spot lock.
    Finally got one

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Great fish Benny..!
    Experience is something you dont get until
    just after you need it.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Jewie Ben. No Snaps about then. A day out with Dad and Cheryl would have been a fun day for sure.

Paulo
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

nice jewie ben ,do you eat them out of that river ?
    the world is a lot better place if you just smile

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Most do apparently Al but that one went back in
    Finally got one

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Link to a vid of Bens Jew. Unfortunately I didnt think to throw the camera on before he boated it.
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002406797028
    Finally got one

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice jewie ubk. Love the way the hit lures so hard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast