Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Pummy Passage Flatty Forage - Results

Well a great turn out. Teams all arrived on time and were on the water ready to roll at 6 all except 1 laggard who may or may not have had a big night cos the missus was away and was recovering from a big day at mud and may have slept in. No names.

Teams were

Dids (Didley) and Gaz (Tackle_buster)
    Pete (Pete4) and Kyle (His young bloke)
    Pete (Gunna)and Shano (robersl)
    Deano (Kingcray) and Shannon (??? not a member)
    Tony (Mangajack) and Raef (??? but he is a member I think)
    Myself and Gina (Ms Greenhorn)

The morning was sensational with glassy conditions and little wind. A beautiful sunrise was captured and enjoyed by all. We were going to fish the last 3 hours of the run in and 1st 3 hours of the run out.

But it was time to get serious, we all went our separate ways with some heading north and some heading south. Well, all except myself and Gina as we waited for the late team. Given the result I really think this cost our boat the title but these are the things we do for our mates.

As far as our boat went we tried a few spots around the usual haunts for little result until we got up into the shallows where I am reasonably successful. Gina got onto a nice 57cms flatty that gave her a bit of curry. This was her first legal flatty on a soft plastic and she was pretty chuffed. Shortly after I landed a 46cm flatty. I would have liked to stay in the spot but the tide was running out and we had to get out before we ended up land locked. We tried a few other spots for just undersized ones so headed back south. I got one more 50cm flatty and that was it for the day.

Turned out to be a great day with lots of laughs and fun

Gunna and Shano got the chocolates with Raef pulling the biggest flatty at 60 something cms

Guys, stick up all your pics with Legal fish and overall total so we can get a results board (and no Pete ya cant claim a 160cm flatty because you have 4 pics of the same 40cm fish)

So our final result was 152cms. (3 legal fish. Largest 57cms)

45cm.jpg
    50cm.jpg
    57cm.jpg
    msGH57.jpg
    filleting.jpg
    sunrise.jpg
    Last edited by Funchy; 20-09-2014 at 04:22 PM.