Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Nordic test

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nordic test

Tested out a Nordic stage last night. Beautiful casting tool. Crisp when working lures, yet spongey under load. This I something I like when casting at salmon. Good to have some guts but still some bend in the butt. Makes it a pleasure to fish with.. And when you hook up a lot of fun too. I did find I had to bury the rod in the water a few times to stop line touching the boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Good fish, can't say I've heard the same about the rods though. Hope you get a decent run out if it, I'm sure you'll test with the fish you've been posting lately.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

What have you heard about them? Addicted

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

The people i know who have used them either love them or not, be interested to hear how yours goes mate...Nice fish btw
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I've been using the 10-20lb favorite a fair bit. Started out running 20lb fins but after catching some good fish I realised that the rod is too light for that as I was getting that snappy feeling. It would fish 20lb test mono well. I now have it matched to a 2500 stradic with 10lb fins. And it is a great rod. Handles big fish, and is literally effortless to cast. For under$150 with sic inserts that's pretty good