Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Yakkin it with Sam, Funchy and Fluffy

A good mate of mine had told me about a bloke he works with by the name of Fluffy...... I did'nt even ask how he got the nickname.... anyway old mate had asked if I could show Fuffy a few spots and put him onto a fish or two,so he came up for a fish with me on the yaks.

Now a week ago I had a flutter on the pokies and had the good fortune to win $800 and I wanted to get a spare yak for when friens come up and want to fish yak based. I found a yak exactly the same as my current Perception Swing and picked it up yesterday. Sam (Dignity) hadn't fished from a Yak before so I asked him if he would like to join us and he greatfully accepted.

So we all met up at our launch spot at 4:20am and were on our way shortly after. The tide was still on the veryt last of the run in and it was a bit slow at first but a few fish graced the decks at sporadic intervals. It wasn't too long and Sam had his first fish on a yak and he was well pleased with himself. Fluffy got his first keeper for the day (he doesnt get out as much as he would like so I was glad he was going to get a feed). We kept moving and tried different plastics. The Gulp 4inch curl tail in swimming mullet did the damage early on. As the tide dropped we positioned ourselves in one of my favourite spots and then they started coming on the bite. The lower the tide dropped the more regular the fish and so too did the size increase. Sam scored another first with a nice whiting on a plastic that went 35cms

By midday we had all had enough. Fluffy got to take home a feed and the fellas all got a fish. Fluffy got 6 flattys, Sam got 5 flattys and a whiting and apparently I got nothing cos I was targetting grunter so my by catch doesn't count

Anyway, here's some pics

141130launch.jpg
    141130FH1.jpg
    141130fh2.jpg
    141130FHsore.jpg
    141130SAM.jpg
    141130fh3.jpg
    141130fluffyFH.jpg
    141130samwhiting.jpg
    141130feed.jpg

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Pity you didn't have a commercial license as your by catch would have tallied 24�� It was an awesome day, thanks for thinking of us when you spent your $800 although Gina was hoping it might have been in pink.

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Having troubles getting pics from phone to laptop but managed to get one which gives an idea of the magic moment of the day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing a bit of sparkly glitter paint won't fix, Sam :-p

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work fellas. Gonna make it down there one day for a flatty fish.
    Finally got one

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Greenhorn View Post
    Nothing a bit of sparkly glitter paint won't fix, Sam :-p
    I have the spray gun ready