Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NYD in the passage

I handed my kids back to the ex on new years eve after a great week together and really wasn't in the mood to party so I headed to bed early after prepping the yak and with the alarm set for 4am. I woke up ten mins before the alarm and headed to my launch spot. I launched into pretty tough conditions as you can see but battled the shore break without too much problem and headed for my spot while a beautiful sunrise greeted me for the new year.

150101NYDFish (7).jpg

150101NYDFish (6).jpg

For something different I was targeting flattys on plastics. Tide was nearly at the top and the was little wind. Plenty of herring were busting up so too were the jelly prawns and the usual big mullet jumped nearby every so often. The fishing was quite slow however the occasional flatty graced the yak and as the northerly strengthened it only slowed even more. I ended up landing 5 small flattys and one good size grunter that went 45 on the mat. I took that bad boy home for dinner.

150101NYDFish (16).jpg

150101NYDFish (15).jpg

150101NYDFish (12).jpg

It was a peaceful morning on the water with very few others sharing it. I saw a 1 meter bull shark smash some bait and come up and out of the water rolling in mid air. Awesome sight. Also saw a couple of sea eagles hunting fish. Lots of stingrays.... sometimes it's not just about the fishing

Hope you all have a happy, safe and prosperous new year

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome start to the year - I wish it was mine...maybe next year. Congrats matey.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good work noted Luke,no flatty is safe hey

Paulo
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).