Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wags on the water

After the Jackoff this year Wags (Mike & Paula) and I hatched a plan to have another catch up for flatty's in my neck of the woods. Now as some of you would know Wags and his missus Paula welcomed 3, yes THREE bundles of joy into the world around 8 months ago. Since that time Wags has had 28.3 hours sleep. He said he would be up Monday night some time around midnight and the ;plan was he would get a solid 3 hours sleep then we would get up and hit it. I left the front door open and promptly fell asleep at 7:30pm . I woke up just before 1am and checked out the front..... no Wags wagon... Back to bed I went and was awoken by the alarm at 3am. I head outside and there is the Wagmobile with Wags dead to the world.... tap tap on the window and he sits bolt upright, rubs his eyes and pops the door open. "Why didn't you come in and sleep ya silly bugger" says I. "I only arrived 15 mins ago" says he. So with 15 mins sleep under his belt we headed off with the yaks for a flatty hunt. I felt fine and refreshed

We arrived at the launch spot in the still dark early hours and paddled across the other side of the passage. A light easterly was blowing and the tide had just bottomed out. It wasn't long and Wags was onto a flatty and after a quick pic he was released. Things stayed quiet until the sun started to shed some light on the water and we had a short sharp bite window where a few flat ones were landed. Then it just shut down

We decided to paddle about and explore however the next few hours saw little landed besides a grunter..... So we headed in and downed a couple of pies. Wags hit the sack at my joint around noon and put away some serious z's until he was rudely awoken by the wild man of Borneo but thats a totally different story.

Was good to catch up with Wags and I am sure it wont be long before we have a fish again

141222WagsFishing (6).jpg
    141222WagsFishing (5).jpg
    141222WagsFishing (3).jpg
    141222WagsFishing (1).jpg
    141222WagsFishing (11).jpg
    141222WagsFishing (8).jpg
    141222WagsFH1 (3).jpg
    141222WagsFH1 (5).jpg

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice boys, those grunter pull ok hey
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

onya boys,
    How did you find the swing Wags?

I'm heading out 4am launch on boxing day at Queens for those interested in a snapp session.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Matching yaks, matching shirts, team AA, people would have thought they were seeing double. Well done boys.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Just as well you kept a clean mind there Didley.....

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Nice boys, those grunter pull ok hey
    Yeah, thought for a second I had a decent flatty

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    Matching yaks, matching shirts, team AA, people would have thought they were seeing double. Well done boys.
    Haahahahaha..... was saying to Wags that anyone casually passing by looking at us may think it a little "suss"

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work fellas. Did you see many jelly fish around today? Apparently like a plague in the bay.
    Finally got one

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

well done lads. Top effort Wags, your a machine.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mangajack View Post
    onya boys,
    How did you find the swing Wags?

I'm heading out 4am launch on boxing day at Queens for those interested in a snapp session.
    im in same time or little earlier
    Fishing bring it on no matter the type .

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Luke, well done but with that gravel rash you've got (Gina, what were you thinking to suggest he didn't shave) it will take you a little while to start looking like the wild man from Borneo, has he headed home yet. He was great company the other night we need to do it again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast