Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing and stuff

5 Days in 1770 spent with my girls and a couple of my favourite mates and their family, does it get any better? The weather wasn't perfect but it was bareable for fishing in the estuaries. We had a couple of shots of offshore (In close) but there really wasn't much happening. My mate (12vlt) and I had to juggle entertaining the kids, keeping his missus happy and getting in a serious fish. There was plenty of good food consumed, beers and laughs. We caught a variety of fish with all the usual suspects of cod, flatty, bream, grunter, whiting, barra but no jacks this time

All fish were released as my mate had plenty stocked up for our arrival.

My girls spent plenty of time in the water swimming and tubing and exploring the mangroves and sand flats at low tide.

We shot out this morning for one last stab at a jack but only landed a bream, good grunter (my girls) and I hooked up to a nice barra on my sliiy string (6lb Nanofiland 12 lb leader) but dropped it after it had leapt 4 times and rubbed me off

All in all we had a blast and will be heading home tomorrow

Here are a few pics

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff mate. Glad you and your kids enjoyed the trip despite the weather.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

That's livin' mate, lots of happy faces there!
    Fishing Fishing Fishing. I like Fishing

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great place 1770. How were the sand flies?
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    ?..... How were the sand flies?
    The night we fished for jacks and I got the barra there were none surprisingly despite it being a calm night. On the last day when we went out in the morning I had to tie the girls to the boat otherwise they would have been carried off!!! That was a very still and humid morning. About noon it poured rain for 5 hours