Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bribie Island Pre Easter

Thought I would sneak up to Bribie Is on Wednesday for a fish before the Easter crowds.

So took the off work but woke to pouring ran, decided to stay on plan rather than cancel my leave day.

Drove up to Bribie in the pouring rain and arrived about 8.30am at the seaside Museum (more pouring rain) to give the drain a fish but nothing at all except... more pouring rain. The bottom of the tide was around 2.00pm and I wanted to hang around until then. Thankfully the rain started to abate around 11.00am.

Drove to the other side of the bridge and walked the mud flats for a few hours. Had a couple of hits and landed a nice 51cm flat one. Was planning to go back this afternoon but thought the traffic heading north would be too hard, so gave it a miss.

I was trying larger plastics as I have not had too much luck with the smaller ones. The first was a Squidgy 150 pro whip bait in drop bear (white) and this accounted for the flattie. Also used a 16.5cm Nemesis in Camo and got a few hits but with the long tail I guess I need to add a stinger to improve hook up rates.

The wife was happy wit the fish for dinner.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Still better than a day at work Richard. All my weekend is booked up with "family" stuff , so that's great

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

most would have cancelled with that shite weather mate well done on the flatty
    the world is a lot better place if you just smile