Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheers Fellas... I looked at the cooper anchors... they look the goods.. it'll be my next port of call when it comes to anchoring.. unfortunately I went out and got a small 0.7lb grapnel anchor from Whitworths for $12.. i've rigged it up as a breakaway system so it pulls out.. only using doubled over 20lb mono as the break away... tried it out last night at the same spot... fish werent biting but the current was still raging hard and fast... it worked a treat and held me tight on the spot until the local coastguard drove past and the wake lifted me up and popped the breakaway.. also scored a small sea anchor for $11 on special .. so felt like i was winning.. was sometimes i like to drift and cast but the wind can be a real shit.. lol.. but if it turns out to be a failure.. ill look into the coopers and also a small reef anchor kayak sized

Tim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12