Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: richos lures

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default richos lures

had a pretty awesome day on the water today chasin barra after losing my favourite gold richo I put on a brand new pink model caught a few fish on it then pulled the hooks on a nice fish only to discover the rear eyelet had been pulled out tyied on another brand new one a couple off fish and the same problem just wondering if I glue the eyelets back in will it still hold 24 hr araldite never had one fail before
    Attached Images Attached Images

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a bit ordinary I thought all good lure's were tied right through to the front, been wrong before though. Nice fish as well Pete.

Baz

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Twisted wire eyelets pretty common and I've seen them strength tested to some crazy levels.

New araldite might work. The problem will be making sure something in there bonds. If there is more dry flakey glue - the new araldite might just pull that stuff out next time. Maybe redrill the hole to clean it up?

To me it would seem like there was a dud batch of glue (maybe wrong ratio mixed of araldite.) so that would make me hesitant to trust the belly hanger or the tow point though?

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

A shame about the lures, but looks like a great days fishing.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, redrill it and bell out the inside with the drill.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fellas will I give it a go and see how goes

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Ouch that sucks big time, maybe test the belly hook hanger while you are at it to make sure it wasn't a bad batch of glue

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had a couple Richos fail in the same way Pete, seemed for me it was the latter ones I brought that had failure, thought it may have coincided with when Ken got crook
    They are a great lure though, one of my barra go to hard bods
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

yep big fan off the richos for a long time now still got a brand new one hangin up just re glued the eyelets back in see how they go these were the last ones I brought to was there first swim on the weekend

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

I know its a bit late of a reply but redrill hole so suite the aircraft locking wire sold at boates and inject arelditr into hole with a syringe. If you dnt want to trust areldire ask in at Boaties about the glue in at Boaties about the glue i buy off them. Its a bit thinner rhan areldire but and holds stronger. If you stand the lure with bib down when glueing wirein airbubbles will come outjust pop them and add glue to fill the whole lft around the back of the lure were wire comes out.