Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Flatty Forage II - Cream rises to the top

Well another forage run and won. Saturday 18th April saw 7 teams compete for a mind blowing prize of 15 packets of soft plastics / hard body lures. A star studded line up headlined by the Flatty Guru himself one Grant "Didley" flatmiester esquire. Other notable attendees included Rhet, Kingcray, Gunna, Shannon, Shano, Andrew, Nipsta, Dee Cee, Dignity, Shagga and Wallaby Tim.

Kick off was at 6am with most teams on the water in time however thanks to main roads my deckie was a few minutes late.... thank god he got a flat one first cast or I would still be hearing about how he is gonna ring main roads and teach them a thing or two... hahahhaaa.

All teams bar one headed north at the 6am start except Pete and Shano, they headed towards Husseys and beyond. It was smiles all round on Leaping Lizards when Sam landed a mid forties flatty on the first cast. A short while later I landed a mid thirties flatty... we hit the ground running it seemed when Sam had another flatty in the boat within the first hour.... alas that was it for a while for us despite a lot of ground being covered. Kingcray (Deano) had given me a handheld VHF radio at the ramp. I'm assuming so he could track me down at any stage hahahaha... So after a fair while of smack talking back and forth the radio crackles with a "Funchy you there?" "yep" says I "Waddaya reckon, paddle tail or curl tail?" "If I were you I'd use paddle tail cause I use curl tail" "Ten four"... Fast fwd ten minutes later and the radio crackles again with whooping and hollering as Deano lands a nice 62cm flatty on a curl tail grub that ultimately gets him biggest fish of the day and first pick of the prize pool. Other than one more fish Deano and Shannon went without.

By 9am Sam and I decided a change of location was required so I took him up to one of my fav spots and who should we stumble upon but Dids the self proclaimed flatty King and Shagga "The cursed one". We didnt get to close to them and I was sure where he was fishing was barren. How wrong I was. Seems he knows his stuff (and of course back at the BBQ he duly informed us of his vast knowledge). I picked up one more flatty in that spot but that was it for Leaping Lizards. Dids and Shagga however nailed 9 flattys and the deal was seal as far as top spot went for Flatty Forage II. Dids was in fact paid a substantial amount of appearance money and it would appear he earned every cent.

Seems Rhet and Andrew plugged away around the Ski lanes and the Jew hole for a couple. Nipsta and Darren scored a Snodger (Donut). Shano and Pete landed 3 if I recall, Tim got one.
    At the days end the boys all met up at the ramp, swapped stories of fish lost and what could have been and listened intently to Dids as he regaled us with stories of crocs and lizards mere mortals can only dream of.

A great day, lots of laughs and camaraderie.

Here's looking forward to the next one

Feel free to put your two cents worth in fellas

20150418 SR.jpg

20150418 Sam.jpg

20150418 AA crew.jpg
    Last edited by Funchy; 19-04-2015 at 03:38 PM.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report there Luke, certainly looks like a great day making me a tad jealous.
    Congrats to Dids and Shagga taking out this most prestigious contest.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great read Funchy, reading it makes me wish I could go up to one but to bloody far,Congrats to Did's & Shagga well done fella's.
    Baz

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Great morning fishing pity our boat could seem to jag a toad fish let alone a flathead but great to be out on the water for sure . We'll done dids and shagga you's where the flathead whispers after all . I must say was great to meet some new folks too . Thanks for anyone who bought some jig heads I hope they serve you we'll and if anyone still want or needs them in the future check out this Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sharp...61007770603137
    Last edited by nipsta; 19-04-2015 at 05:10 PM.
    Fishing bring it on no matter the type .

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to catch up with a few fisho's for a friendly fishing comp. Great day on the water follwed up with a BBQ feast back at the ramp! Can't wait for the next one...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeh was a great day was good to jump back aboard with Gunna as we had not had a fish together since before xmas, yes were were a bit different to other teams and went downstream to a few of our haunts we hooked a few ,lost a few caught up on gossip had a few laughs ,was great to meet a few new faces from AA that i had not met before ,thanks Funchy for putting it on

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah agree thanks funchy for putting it on and dids and co for the BBQ
    Fishing bring it on no matter the type .

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Great day out, thanks Funchy hope you enjoyed your rewards later that night. It was a great day on the water however maybe the fact that you had such a huge variety of plastics to choose from might have been your undoing, Green Prawn, Green Prawn, Green Prawn, - all ten packets of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah but i stopped fishing about 7am as i had the winning fish.
    great day out again, thanks Funchy for making it happen mate.
    good to see the boys again and meet some others, was a great group for sure.
    Whens the next one ? ?
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice report Funchy, that was pretty much as it unfolded. I'd like to thank my net boy Shagga for his input. Not really, we went fish for fish all morning, it was our day.At one stage, in fact nipsta it was just before we first spoke to you, we had a double hookup. All morning we were thinking what ever we had funchy 's boat probably ha twice that. Ha Ha not so, time for a refresher course funchmister, I'm waiting for the sponsorship emails to start flooding in, might have to get one of those flash bass boats with the stickers on the side soon. Great day Shagga, the kings are dead, long live the new kings.
    Last edited by Didley; 19-04-2015 at 07:34 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast