Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default PB Redcliffe snapper

I have only had the boat out about 4 times since xmas done a couple of Ting trips and a run up to Mondy , I had been thinking of. Run down to my snapper spot at redcliffe for a few weeks but due to a bit of back pain had been putting it off ,
    I had to go back to the doctor on Friday and while there spoke to him about some better pain relief so he put me on fentanyl 25 mg slow release patches got to say yesterday i was a bit doubtful if I would be going fishing woke at 4.30 am with very little pain so hooked the boat on headed down launched at margate ramp no parking for the trailer as all the yakers had parked there cars in the trailer spots instead of the car spot so had to park in a side street.

I motored the 500m to my spot dropped anchor baited a line and put it in . I also had a berkley dropshot 3-5 kg ( that i got off Peter 4 ) thanks i love it . With a 4 inch Zman in motor oil first cast waiting for the plastic to sink to the bottom halfway down i felt a tap then zzzzzzzz first run just about spooled me .I got a bit of line back and he took off again I managed to get an 83 cm snapper to the boat and netted ,after about ten minutes of fighting him
    after about 20 minutes of bait fishing decided to drift around casting plastics for an hour I managed 2 flatties and a flounder but by this time there was a lot of boat traffic so called it a day abd back at the ramp by 8 am

can not upload photo here from the ipad but will put a copy on FB
    Last edited by robersl; 25-04-2015 at 10:47 AM.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice one Shane, great fish & only 500 m out, glad to see your pain has been eased..

Baz

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice one Shane, Out a bit wider where I told you or in close still? Some nice snapper around at the moment.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice shane, best i get out there.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeh dids best you get out there flatty champ a few bar tails there for you to get lol just leave the snaps

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

very nice fish shane
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the pb Shane that's a nice snapper
    the world is a lot better place if you just smile

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeh thanks guys he was a good fish plenty of weight to him. I checked the stomach contents at first though he had oyster shell but on further investigation it was a crab claw . It was the jointed part in the middle of the claw

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Shane the last snap i opened up from there was chockas full of mud crab flippers.
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kingcray View Post
    Shane the last snap i opened up from there was chockas full of mud crab flippers.
    HinDean funny you say that asvthis looked like a mud crab joint I know muddiesvdo frequent the reef out there have caught them there also in the 70s before law changes ect one of my school mates father and uncle used to walk the rocky outcrops at woody point and suttons beach hooking muddies in the rocks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast