Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Green Island snaps and tailor...

I took an early solo run to Green Island looking for any snapper or tailor stupid enough to still be hanging around after a mad long weekend of boating. The early signs were good with a couple of undersize snaps and then a 38cm fish gracing the net. Even better there were no boats at my spot!

I pottered around, landing the odd fish - moses perch, pike and a monster catfish that I thought was a shark. Seeing lots of hardiheads I matched the hatch with a small Luckycraft Bevy Shad and immediately got a 35cm snap. Right on the turn of the tide I spot-locked just off a point and threw to the shallows where a small tailor snaffled the lure. Wanting to see how tailor liked a silver trout spinner I threw it in only to see it monstered as it hit the water. To my surprise the fish was a 42cm snap not a tailor.

With my next four casts I managed three tailor and a moses perch (see pic) before the school moved on. Boat traffic became an issue soon after so I called it a morning. Final tally was 5 snaps (3 legal), 6 tailor, a catfish, two pike and 8 moses perch. All fish released...

My only drama came at the boatramp when my winch-post snapped as I was retrieving the boat. A replacement has been ordered already!!

Cheers

Pete
    Attached Images Attached Images
    And in the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.

- Abraham Lincoln

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice pete was a bit quieter fish wise at mud but plenty of boat traffic

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice one Pete, I'm still trying to get my first snap on an artificial. I'll keep plugging away till it happens.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Pete, I had the same prob at H/Bay with the winch post breaking.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

nice work pete you were brave heading out on a long weekend don't go near the boatramps on those weekends
    the world is a lot better place if you just smile