Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick Flick ... again

hi all
    crossed the Reddy bridges on way home from work this arvo and the conditions were just too good to ignore. Glass out and very low tide meant one thing .. flathead.. so i raced home grabbed the tinny and headed to the ramp.
    Things didnt start well as my boat floated away after i launched. Had to swim to it as they have just dredged the ramp and it is now over 2mtrs deep where it used to be 0.5. Not a great start soaking wet, no change of clothes but i make my way to the bridges .. looks fishy ..
    IMG_1282.jpg

I start peppering the edges of the rock bars and the fish are about but mainly undersize. I boat 6 flathead over the next half hour with just one going high forties, into the box he goes..

IMG_1278.jpgIMG_1279.JPG

Getting sick of little fish i make my way into the main channel where i like to throw out a deadsticked curlytail which i drift and work another rod. Things are fairly quiet for the next 15 minues or so, then the symetre on the deadstick rod starts to zzzzz .. at first i think its just hooked up on a nearby crabpot so i continue to work the other rod.. i soon feel a good solid thump , lift rod and fish on, feels half decent. I look over at the other rod, which now appears to be headshaking and losing line quickly. Pick it up sure enough fish on too, and felt like a good fish. So with 2 fish hooked i take this one on and it fights all the way to the boat and eventually a nice fat 60ish fish slides into the net. Meanwhile the other line has become tangled around the leccy, by the time i sort it out fish is gone, bugger.

IMG_1283.jpgIMG_1284.jpgIMG_1285.jpg

Continue on a bit further for 1 more just legal size skinny fish, released and a couple more just unders. Getting close to dark so i head back after boating 9 flathead, kept 2 , a great way to spend an hour or so and a nice feed also, pretty happy. all caught on zman curlytails

Sorry dids, can you please move to Estuary, ta
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice dean

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great arvo's fishing Dean & a top feed.
    Baz

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Better than going home and watching Ifish. Nice flatties Dean.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Onya Deano...... Might try for a quick flick this arvo too