Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Few good flathead and 1 foot.

hit the water this morning with intentions to chase snapper for a couple hours then head up the creek to fish for flatties as the tide ran out. Dolphins were everywhere in between clontarf and woody point. I stopped and watch them feeding on bait for about 10 minutes. Had them swimming right next to the boat and even diving underneath the boat. Pretty cool !!
    As per usual found no snapper but did find a school of pike about the size of a footy field and they were big pike all up around the 45-50cm. had some fun with them for a while, then had to head back to ramp to pick up a mate and begin the flatty assault. They were very quiet early on, with just a sole and a couple small flatties coming on board when i eventually came tight to a good fish. 63cm she goes a good solid healthy fish. Not long after that, i kick my mates tackle bag by accident and feel a sharp pain in the top of my foot.. slug was hanging out the side and yep thats a treble gone in deep. Mate unclips the split ring and we give it a few shots trying to pull it out with no luck. So for the next 3 hours i fish with a treble stuck in my foot.
    As the tide neared dead low the fish came on the bite a bit better as is usually the case. 1 or 2 legal sized fish were caught and the odd undersize. I wanted to fish a rockbar which has been producing a few good fish for me lately, first cast on the spot behind the rockbar i get a good solid thump.. lift and plenty of weight there. The fish is swimming towards the boat at first and when i see it, its much bigger than i initially thought. Line peels off the little exage several times, a great fight in the shallow water.
    I start to find it tricky trying to steer the electric between rocks against the breeze and current in very shallow water and fight the fish and this fish is doing its best to bury me in the rocks. Eventually it makes it into the net, a very fat 67cm flatty. Had the inlaws coming round for dinner tonight so dinner was well and truly sorted.
    3" zman minnows did the damage again today
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great flatties,very chunky. Hope you threw the foot back lol.

Paulo
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Flattys.
    How did you go with the foot.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work on the flatties but foot a bit ordinary have you tried string or heavy leader method work a treat on stuff like that
    the world is a lot better place if you just smile

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Top flaties mate

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

tried a few times to rip the treble out but couldnt get it close to coming out. had to take young bloke to doctors this arvo as he has tonsilitis so got doctor to get it out for me.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

al yeah been hearing about the heavy leader method .. seems this must happen fairly often haha. . first time for me. Maybe next time will give it a go.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Bugger doesn't look good But at least you got a couple of very nice fish, nearly worth it lol.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Bugger , that looks a tad painful. Not a bad catch of flatties tho, gotta be happy with that
    Fishing Fishing Fishing. I like Fishing

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Never fished for feet fish before, you catch it on a slow roll or twitch and pause, how was the fight, would have went pretty hard I guess. What lure did the damage

Nice lizards Deano
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast