Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: out again

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah mate secret meetings on techniques all the time ����
    the world is a lot better place if you just smile

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by al49 View Post
    4 to 6 kg rod 2500sol 6kg braid I love jinki leader in 20lb as you need great abrasion resistance for the bigger fish,1/4 headlocks in shallow water and 3/8 deeper,and berley 3" shrimps in white or banana prawn.one little thing with prawns is you do tiny hops ,this keeps them in strike zone longer .I should be sponsored by bloody berkley as I use these shrimps for everything even barra love em lol.
    Yeah I know what you mean on Berkley sponsorship, curl tail grubs is my go to 99% of the time. Havent really tried the shrimps. Placcy choice is definitely a confidence thing.

On leader choice. I have caught all my big ones on 8lb flourocarbon leader. Have never dropped a fish due to worn leader.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done al, great fish the flatties
    Fishing Fishing Fishing. I like Fishing

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice outing again Al. That water looks so good and the tucker looks pretty good to.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Yeah I know what you mean on Berkley sponsorship, curl tail grubs is my go to 99% of the time. Havent really tried the shrimps. Placcy choice is definitely a confidence thing.

On leader choice. I have caught all my big ones on 8lb flourocarbon leader. Have never dropped a fish due to worn leader.
    with what we have swimming around up here I would never think of putting 8lb on minimum 16 for me
    the world is a lot better place if you just smile

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by al49 View Post
    with what we have swimming around up here I would never think of putting 8lb on minimum 16 for me
    Yeah, less of a problem in the Passage. Occasional big jewwie or thready is about all we have to worry about

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12