Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Havin a crack

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Havin a crack

Been a while since i posted a report... yet I go fishing a fairbit... lazy sob i'am... but oh well.. must admit, been a few weeks since i've hit the water... blew up the gearbox and spent a few hours on the side of the highway... got the truck back yesterday with a nice little price tag... so.. with a bit of an itch to scratch.. pondered my future fishing locations and Mooloolaba was my decision. Was only telling someone the night before that I rarely.. if ever catch flathead in Mooloolaba river while Maroochy River it gets to the point they are a bloody pest... well, 4am rolled around, got sick of staring at the ceiling so decided to go up and give em hell.. on the water by 5am launching next to the coast guard... paddled over to the 6 knot marker, few schools of fish showing up on the sounder... so proceeded to take a few casts and hope to entice something... no luck.. by then I'd drifted towards The Wharf... paddled back to the first house on the corner.. rigged up to chase a few bream... 4lb line.. 4lb leader... 3" plazzo plastic... 4.3m of water... wack out a cast... let it sink... and one twitch.. and the line pulled tight.. then the head shakes came on... sun was still trying to raise its ugly hot head... and i had no idea what was giving me curry... knew it wasnt a flathead... just big bobbing skull drags like a silver flatfish on its side using the current to its advantage.... got it up near the surface a few meters away from the kayak... still couldnt see what it was.. big splash then it was diving again... got it up close again... look down.. all i saw was white.. and fairly large... then it rolled over... stonkin big flathead!! crap.. now my bung hole is biting into my kayak seat.. dont wanna lose the big girl before i got pics.. so after a few very tense moments... she relented and pulled up next to a sunbaking crocodile... on with the lip grips...really should get a net!! and it was onboard... with a few spectators now gathering i swam her to the bank so i could grab a breath.. grab a pic or 3.. then release the old girl.. no complaints except it woulda been nice if she showed up during a flatty forage.... she would of made a nice show at 83cm..

Sorry about the smiling pose... bloody hard with no gopro to do the work.. handheld selfie with the samsung.. using my belly to rest the weight of the old girl so she doesnt get hurt... all about preservation!!

Tim

12347994_10153663309595590_7519080667993757142_n.jpg
    12360003_10153663309645590_1378810343505957562_n.jpg
    12360064_10153663309560590_961903145989163136_n.jpg

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

thats a damn nice flat one Tim well done
    Finally got one

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good fish Tim well done

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great fish Tim, good stuff, & good report.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love it when you have a big girl like that layin on ya belly Tim ����������

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice mate, kudos on looking after the ol girl, good to see
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

great flatty Tim and on 4lb, top effort mate. Great write up too.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome mate. Cracking fish. Bout the only time worth fishing at the moment.
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Top fish Tim. Well done on getting amongst them.

Paulo
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks fellas.. she was in bloody good condition so thats how I wanted to keep her... was good to give the itch a bit of a scratch too... might have to go give Noosa a nudge soon.. dont know them waters ..

Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast