Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yellowfin Tuna
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno mate. It might have just been a local arrangement. Didn't ever hear of too many tagged fish getting recaptured

Ducksta -- tagged fish recaptures in Qld by drilling down into the reports section.

http://suntag.org.au/

I'll dig out the reports for recaptures of actual tagged fish details if you want them. Let me know please.

Yellowfin Tuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Had another outing on Wed night 27 Jan

Couple of us ended up with 30 barra (we were chasing king but pesky barra kept getting in the way).

Ranged from 49cm to 81 cm. Dropped about 20 for various reasons.

After slow start with 2 small ones on soft plastics, swapped over to live prawns. Made a big difference as I guess not much will ignore a live prawn.

However, if fished on bottom the only interest was from catfish. Free swimming not much better. But under a floater was pretty good.

All tagged and released and also 2 recaptures.

River full of large schools of small mullet (schools up to 20m in diam on the surface in the middle of the river). Haven't seen that since late 1990s.

However, nothing would touch a live mullet. Not even a cattie. If you didn't have a live prawn under a floater you simply weren't in the game.

Too damned hot and humid for daytime fishing so night is the go.

Rocky still hasn't had rain or even a storm although its so threatening every day but nothing happens. Need a good run in the river.

Barra season opens tomorrow but WITHOUT NETS!

Next couple of years should be interesting.

Douglas

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123