Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Used soft plastics

How do you store used soft plastics for future use??
    Thanks in advance

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barra bandit View Post
    How do you store used soft plastics for future use??
    Thanks in advance
    G'Day Mate

I keep my gulp in a sealed tupperware container. I buy a big tub of gulp with all the juice and occasionally pour some juice into the tupperware container now and then. If you keep them airtight they wont dry out.

All my other plastics I keep them in their original packets. Some mates place their packets into a photo album type of folder which allows easy access but I'm not that organarssed.

Number one rule!!!!! Never mix plastics. Alot of them actually react with each other and wreck the lot.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Some brand I just chuck in a tackle box (ie. Squidgys and Sliders) but I usually try to use a compartment that doesn't have any other soft plastic in it.
    Others (like stuff with scent inbuilt, or plastics that I know 'dont play well with others') I will put back in the original pack.

Even brands that don't react immediately/quickly with other plastics will often eventually start to react with the tackle box over a long time, especially if left in the heat. But it works if you're going to be using it again within a short while.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

As the other lads do but what ever you do don't put your zmans on with other placcies they will melt together. I have them in a seperate container but even then they have made the lid buckle from the gases released from plastic s. I also have fresh and salt boxes just grab each when doing that particular exercise
    the world is a lot better place if you just smile

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

What the guys said is on the money.

Paulo
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.tackletactics.com.au/down...sCatalogue.pdf

these may be of interest to some.

hi fellas, I'll have some samples of these next week. Some of the range is Zman proof, so I'll be able to give some feedback. Should be relatively well priced. Will save all the warped boxes I have now. They should hit the shelves in a month or so.
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...